I found a new way to start little seedlings!
- Buy eggs in the paper egg cartons.
- When you use an egg, put the half-shells inside each other and put back into the carton (which can stay in the fridge).
- When all dozen eggs have been used and the shells are nestled in the egg carton, fill them up with dirt.
- Give them a little water and a seed per shell.
- Cover with a bit of plastic wrap to increase the heat and humidity a bit and set in the sun.
Before you know it, you will have little seedlings!
And the best part is that you can just pick up the egg shell and replant easily! If you were so inclined, the paper and the egg shell could be planted. I think I’ll just pick up the shell and re-plant that way.